Do you understand that Wilson has not even been charged with anything? He was given a week to get himself and his family out of town, while still on the payroll. Almost everything about the incident that ended with Mike Brown dead on the street has been kept secret, whitewashed (what a good word for it) or deliberately distorted. Since the grand jury is also in secret, it’s looking likely that he will never have to answer in public, much less face justice for what he did. Instead he is being made into a martyr or hero, and people are donating to help the perpetrator of a crime while they vilify the victim. Disgusting. Makes me ashamed to be a white American.
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
Last night I went to Starbucks and when the guy finished my drink, he bent down and wispered, “Don’t let anyone dull your sparkle.” I just smiled and took my drink, and while I was leaving I heard the other worker saying: “WOULD YOU STOP TELLING PEOPLE THAT, NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR INSPERATIONAL SHIT!” and the guy responded with, “Gurl, there is no way in hell I am letting you dull my sparkle.”
Oh my god.